Walnut Creek School District 2017-18 Programs WCEF Helps Fund
Elementary School Level $400,664
- 36 weeks* of Specialists teaching:
Intermediate School Levels $182,591
- Robotics Electives and Supplies
- Chromebook Carts in All Science Classrooms
- Enhanced Art, Music, and Drama Programs (including iPads for Digital Art and Visiting Artists Series)
- Daily After School Homework Help
- Before and After School Library Hours
Funding of programs within the Walnut Creek School District and Las Lomas High School is a collaborative process between WCEF, the districts and the schools. The WCEF Budget Committee meets with leaders at the schools – and at the two school districts – to identify and prioritize funding needs. The WCEF board maintains responsibility for ensuring that funds are directed towards programs that advance the Foundation’s mission and may decline to fund those programs which do not meet these funding guidelines. Funding decisions are made on an annual basis for the following school year.
- Funding will support our mission and the strategic plans and needs of the districts.
- Requests for funding will be endorsed and prioritized by the districts or site principals.
- Funding will target curriculum, student and staff health and welfare, and capital projects.
*Increased from 27 weeks funded in 2016-2017
**Credentialed PE Specialists for grades 1-5
Walnut Creek School District Schools Funded
- Buena Vista Elementary (K-5)
- Indian Valley Elementary (K-5)
- Murwood Elementary (K-5)
- Parkmead Elementary (K-5)
- Tice Creek School (K-8)
- Walnut Heights Elementary (K-5)
- Walnut Creek Intermediate (6-8)