The Walnut Creek Education Foundation (WCEF) is committed to making academic excellence and innovation a reality for every one of the 5,100 students it benefits. A contribution to WCEF directly benefits your student. WCEF serves as a critical funding partner for our schools, ensuring your child receives access to a high quality, well-rounded education.
Help Our Schools Bridge the Funding Gap
The California State budget does not fully cover the services our schools deliver. A gap exists between the funding the state provides and our school districts’ budgets. Although some additional funding comes from a mix of federal and local resources provided by parcel taxes, there remains a funding gap that the Walnut Creek Education Foundation (WCEF) bridges. The $1 million dollars we raise this year will pay for things the State does not provide for.
It’s hard to believe, but many school districts in California cannot offer art, music, P.E. and science specialists in their elementary schools. Middle schools don’t have the technology and services in place to prepare students for high school. High schools no longer have 7-period days which in turn, reduce access to advanced, honors, and AP classes. Without parents like you and a supportive local community, Walnut Creek would be in the same situation.
Invest in Your Child’s Education for $42/month
This year, WCEF’s suggested donation is $500 per child. If your family cannot meet the $500 per student ask, please consider making a contribution that works with your family’s budget. Every dollar helps deliver a dynamic and innovative educational experience for your child and the other 5,100 students in our community.
Click here to go to our secure donation page where you can:
- Set up a monthly donation amount that works with your family’s budget
- Make a one-time payment
Want to donate by check?
If you prefer to send us check, click here to access our donation form and mail it to:
P.O. Box 186
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Want to pledge today and donate later?
Every donation counts, no matter when it is received. If you would like to donate at a later time, please let us know when it would be most convenient for you. Click here to make your 2017/18 pledge of support.
Your employer might DOUBLE your donation!
Many companies will match all or part of their employees’ charitable donations, increasing the amount that WCEF K-12 receives as a result of your donation at no additional cost to you. The corporate matching process is NOT automatic and must be requested by employees.
- Check with your company’s Human Resources or Payroll department for a matching request form.
- Not sure if your company matches? Contact your HR department or visit matchinggifts.com to find out.
Move Beyond Bridging the Gap
Become a Scholar Circle Member
Want to not only preserve, but enhance educational opportunities for our public schools? Consider joining our Scholar Circle. As a Scholar Circle member, you help to enable our foundation to move from beyond just “bridging the financial gap” to supporting new and innovative programs. This year, Scholar Circle members will be offered VIP access to all WCEF events throughout the year. Scholar Circle members significantly support our students by giving at one of the following levels:
- High Honors $1,500 – $2,499
- Distinguished Honors $2,500 – $4,999
- Grand Honors $5,000 – $7,499
- Benefactor $7,500 – $9,999
- Patron $10,000 +
Donate to the Endowment Fund
Help preserve educational opportunities for the students in our community for generations to come. Endowment gifts provide a source of perpetual support for the Foundation, enabling us to support our schools indefinitely.
Ways to give to the Endowment Fund:
- Make a gift directly to the endowment using our online donation form.
- Donate a vehicle to WCEF. All proceeds from donated vehicles go directly to our endowment. You can learn more and donate online by visiting the Vehicle Donation Program web site or call 877-999-8322.
- Consider including a gift to WCEF in your will or living trust. Planned giving is a wonderful way to continue to support WCEF and the future of the children of the Walnut Creek School District and Las Lomas High School.