Help Our Schools Bridge the Funding Gap
The California State budget does not fully cover the services our schools deliver. A gap exists between the funding the state provides and our school districts’ budgets. Although some additional funding comes from a mix of federal and local resources provided by parcel taxes, there remains a funding gap that the Walnut Creek Education Foundation (WCEF) bridges. The $1 million dollars we raise this year will pay for things the State does not provide for.
It’s hard to believe, but many districts in California do not offer art, music, P.E. and science specialists in their elementary schools. Many middle schools don’t have adequate security, counseling services and the principals are spread thin because they don’t have vice principal support. Core academic classes in high schools are over crowded, full-time nurses are not on staff and crisis counselors non-existent. Without parents like you and a supportive local community, Walnut Creek would not have these things either.
Ensure quality public education for only $34 per month per student or $67 per month per family
This year, WCEF’s suggested donation is $400 per child or $800 per family. We realize that for some families, this is an easy amount to meet, but for others it is not. Whether you can donate $10,000 or $25, know that your donation helps fund programs that directly support your child.
Click on the Donate button to go to our secure donation page where you can:
- Set up a monthly donation amount that works with your family’s budget
- Choose to be a sustaining donor to make ongoing, automatically recurring monthly payments
- Make a one-time payment
Want to donate by check?
If you prefer to send us check, click here to access our donation form and mail it to:
P.O. Box 186
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Your employer might DOUBLE your donation!
Many companies will match all or part of their employees’ charitable donations, increasing the amount that WCEF K-12 receives as a result of your donation at no additional cost to you. The corporate matching process is NOT automatic and must be requested by employees.
- Check with your company’s Human Resources or Payroll department for a matching request form.
- Not sure if your company matches? Contact your HR department or visit matchinggifts.com to find out.
Move Beyond Bridging the Gap
Become a Scholar Circle Member
Want to not only preserve, but enhance educational opportunities for our public schools? Consider joining our Scholar Circle. As a Scholar Circle member, you help to enable our foundation to move from beyond just “bridging the financial gap” to supporting new and innovative programs. This year, Scholar Circle members will be offered VIP access to all WCEF events throughout the year. Scholar Circle members significantly support our students by giving at one of the following levels:
- High Honors $1,200 – $2,399
- Distinguished Honors $2,400 – $4,999
- Grand Honors $5,000 – $7,499
- Benefactor $7,500 – $9,999
- Patron $10,000 +
Donate to the Endowment Fund
Help preserve educational opportunities for the students in our community for generations to come. Endowment gifts provide a source of perpetual support for the Foundation, enabling us to support our schools indefinitely.
Ways to give to the Endowment Fund:
- Make a gift directly to the endowment using our online donation form.
- Donate a vehicle to WCEF. All proceeds from donated vehicles go directly to our endowment. You can learn more and donate online by visiting the Vehicle Donation Program web site or call 877-999-8322.
- Consider including a gift to WCEF in your will or living trust. Planned giving is a wonderful way to continue to support WCEF and the future of the children of the Walnut Creek School District and Las Lomas High School.