About WCEF K12
The Walnut Creek Education Foundation K-12 (WCEF) was established in 2005 and is a volunteer-led, non-profit organization. We are a 501(c)(3) organization and our tax ID number is 94-2915151.
WCEF Mission Statement
The Walnut Creek Education Foundation raises funds to preserve and enhance the education of each student in the Walnut Creek School District and Las Lomas High School in the Acalanes Union High School District through a broad-based community effort.
Our annual budget is developed collaboratively with the Walnut Creek School District and Las Lomas High School in the Acalanes Union High School District through a yearly prioritization process and in accordance with our funding guidelines described below. WCEF steps in where state funding leaves off, preserving the world-class educational opportunities our kids deserve and need. Our Leadership Team consists of representatives from all of the schools in the Walnut Creek School District and Las Lomas High School. Nearly ninety percent of the funds we raise go directly to the schools we serve.
Our Vision Statement
WCEF is recognized and respected in the community as a highly effective fundraising organization that:
- Is dedicated to providing the extra support that creates a quality educational experience for our students;
- Provides a secure source of funding from our annual fundraising campaign and building an endowment to cover cycles in state funding shortfalls;
- Believes in the positive outcome from students who are exposed to an enriched curriculum and beyond the basic educational program;
- Provides targeted support to programs that are at-risk within the core curriculum;
- Is an integral part of the planning process at all sites and both districts for the use of discretionary school funds;
- Is efficient and maximizes volunteer resources.
- Is clearly understood in the community as a valued partner ensuring excellent education for our students from:
- Parents of school age children
- Non-parents and parents of non-school age children
- Local businesses
- Teachers, administrators and staff of the schools we serve
Funding of programs within the Walnut Creek School District and Las Lomas High School is a collaborative process between WCEF, the districts and the schools. The WCEF Budget Committee meets with leaders at the schools – and at the two school districts – to identify and prioritize funding needs. The WCEF board maintains responsibility for ensuring that funds are directed towards programs that advance the Foundation’s mission and may decline to fund those programs which do not meet these funding guidelines. Funding decisions are made on an annual basis for the following school year.
- Funding will support our mission and the strategic plans and needs of the districts.
- Requests for funding will be endorsed and prioritized by the districts or site principals.
- Funding will target curriculum, student and staff health and welfare, and capital projects.